Does search engine optimization only directs to search engine result pages?
No, if combined with digital platforms of social media, it becomes the next wave of online marketing named social media optimization.
As no business in today's era can survive without gaining customer's credibility and a wide brand exposure so SMO is specifically designed to meet your queries related to these issues including online visibility and customer interaction.
By increasing the awareness your brand through various digital social media venues, you broaden your customer base and open the door of ample links even for your customers to reach your business.
Now where is social media optimization in online marketing scenario?
Unless you are able to connect your brand with your prospects, you are not adopting the right strategy so social media optimization helps connect your customers to all of your social media accounts in a centralized and consistent way.
It is a strategic promotional campaign for getting free targeted traffic to your website from various social media outlets including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc. through blogging, participation in online discussion forums, user feedback, sharing, quick linking, and the list could go on.
If you want to create an effective Social Media Optimization campaign, here are few guidelines, which are the crucial part of every campaign.
Make sure your follow each of these guidelines.
- Make your high-quality and relevant content shareable; and embed "share" or "bookmark" option in each of your post. It will help in creating an extensive network where your brand will meet its followers.
- Effective SMO campaign demands for active participation in online discussion forums to boost your online image so indulge in frequent discussion and communicate with your followers on a personal level.
- Your social media accounts showcase the digital face of your company so manage and update your content regularly to strengthen your brand reputation. A well written and authentic post will help your business drive more traffic to your website than a blog cluttered with biased and faulty content.
"Social Media is changing and morphing by the minute, keep up on new tools, products and challenges in your social sphere" – Loren Baker
Below mentioned are the steps which one should follow if planning to develop an effective Social Media optimization campaign.
- Whether you want to increase the traffic to your website or to promote your brand through social media outlets, first step is always to determine your goals as they will create the base for all of your strategies. Never create any campaign in vague manner without highlighting your goals.
- Be clear about your target audience, as all your promotional activities will be directed to your target audience only.
- Next step is to create content with high quality. Make sure that your content is performing the task of educating and informing the audience about your brand and is easy to view on multiple electronic devices.
- Once you have created your content, next step is to link it with various digital social media venues like Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, and Google+ to enhance its presence.
- As it is an ongoing process so the cycle of "write > update > repeat" will go on till end.
Social media optimization will continue to have a significant impact on businesses in terms of boosting their visibility and generating new clients.
- With SMO, you can enhance your online presence and generate a huge amount of traffic from various sources at very low-cost
- SMO helps your brand reach out to niche audience, which was untapped yet. It offers your customers an opportunity to connect with your brand on a global platform from anywhere to everywhere.
- As social media sites are considered reputable sources of information so it decrease the chances of dubious information and increase the customer's credibility in your business.
- SEO creates a buzz on the Internet about the products or services your company offers thus let your content travel all around the world reaching to a wide range of audience.
Social media optimization is the best way you can grant your website a wider reach.
"Social media changes the relationship between companies and customers from master and servant, to peer to peer" -Jay Baer