What Is Responsive Website Design?
It is basically an approach to web design aimed at crafting sites that are interactive with optimal view and easy click. It doesn't require numberless custom-made solutions for each new category of users. This kind of web design allows your website to automatically adjust with the type of device it is being seen through. Creating just a website for your company is not enough for the success but needs to responsive to bring in more traffic. Each visitor on your website is a possible customer. Unless your website is not user and mobile friendly, it is a sheer waste of financial and human resources.
One wonders why actually there is a need for responsive web design as for existing companies, it might seem a time consuming process to transform their whole web design.
- Today's world is apparently living in a digital world. Majority of the people are nowadays using different pocket gadgets than personal desktop and laptops. They want everything ranging from games to news, to be access through their smartphones so to provide them the convenience, every business needs to construct a responsive web design to support a multi-device user and optimize their browsing experience. The content that they have access to one screen must be present on other screens also to ensure consistency in the information that they are looking for.
- Having one website designed for all screens is also easy to manage and update than having multiple versions of it designed particular for each type of device. Different versions of your website means different set of hypertext links which are rather difficult to control at one place. Responsive web design lets the company have a single set of hypertext links to be used by all devices that also helps in increasing your visibility in search engines because all your strategies to spread awareness will be directed towards one single website only. Once the investment is made, there is very little costing on its development and maintenance.
- Time demands to construct a single website than designing multiple versions is much less. Faster monitoring can be done using a centralized control system.
Responsive web design can increase sales, generate more traffic, boost customer involvement and give you and edge over your competition.
Your website will not be entitled responsive until it served all these purposes.
- Mobile-friendly On a tine smartphone screen, viewing a website is challenging as It may not show the full view, images may break or elements look distorted. Creating a website version for each kind of resolution is totally impractical and a time consuming process so responsive web site is one solution to this problem. If the user switches from PC to phone, responsive web design let your website accommodate with the new device you are working on. 9 out of 10 clients these days desires for a website which they can explore through their small screens so, It is highly recommended and practically essential to create a responsive web site that must be compatible with all smart devices including your 4 inch smartphones, 10-11 inch sized tablets and laptops so that content is easy to read and view.
- Easy to navigate Desktops offer a tool called "mouse" to let the users easily navigate and click the items on a website whereas on small screens, navigation is a big issue. User's fingers usually hinders the whole view and it becomes hard a task to spot a single item on the screen. Designers creating responsive web design must ensure that it is as easy to click on an item on small screens as on your PCs without any disruptions.
- Constant speed One can call its web design responsive only if it displays constant speed on all devices. It should not be the case that a site takes forever to load on a smartphone so it is suggested to include small ads and fewer graphics to decrease the download time.
Responsive web design allows your company to stay ahead in digital curve. As the trend of e- shopping and the use of mobile phones is running very fast, responsive web design is the tool grab a market share and keep up in the tough competition. Having your business website that adjust with every type of device is not only easy to manage but best approach for attracting more customers.