The world of web applications is wide and open to all. People have to make their choices for web development. The sector is extremely huge full of choices. The content management system provides a base to the website to control it's content which is the requirement of every web application. Joomla is a popular CMS which was first introduced in the year 2003. It gives an edge to the web developer for creation of content in the form of
It is an open source solution which can be availed by all for free. Before proceeding further it is important to understand content management system(CMS).
CMS is a system which manages every piece of content in the website. It does not require any technical skill or expertise for such management. This feature is considered a boon while designing a website.
Joomla is easy to install and the developer can start designing the moment it is installed. It is highly extensible and various extensions are available at the Joomla Extensible Directories. It is used for developing websites, blogging, mobile applications and intranet.
The Joomla framework facilitates the web development to build the following:
- Communication tools
- E commerce systems
- Custom product catalogues
- Reservation systems
- Complex business directories
- Inventory control systems
- Application bridges
Joomla is based on PHP and MySQL which allows anyone to use or share the data and make changes too. Designed under the GPL License it is free and thus available for all. It was formed with a mission to provide a stable platform for web development which is free and accessible. Digital publishing and collaboration is the primary requisite offered by this CMS.
It is an award winning software and supports almost 3% of web content. Millions of users across the globe find the features offered by Joomla very aspiring and have also made switch over from other software to Joomla for designing purposes. It powers the strong presence of the following industries:
- Small scale industries
- Government run sites
- E commerce websites
- Non profit organizations
- Large organizations like McDonald's, Citibank, Sony, Ebay etc.
The core features of Joomla which make it a popular CMS:
- It offers a platform to web developers to use over 64 different languages for designing. It is multilingual and hence reaches out to several people for better understanding. This features makes it quite versatile.
- The Joomla community is huge as it is well supported by various companies. The Joomla service providers have also increased manifolds.
- The one click version update gives it the facility of easy update of content. It has the feature to automatically alert and notify the user about update requirement. Being up to date is the need of hour in this world of fierce competition.
- Every page has a help button on top which allows the user to avail the facility if stuck in between any operation. The integrated help system has made management of the website simple and easy.
- The media manager option allows the easy download of the various media items like pictures, videos and folders. It provides an additional platform of development to the designer.
- Advertising of banners becomes possible with banner management.
- The search systems are very smart and highly responsive which makes it convenient for the users. The websites are easily accessible through online platforms.
- Being primarily a content management system, it allows easy editing of the text without access of the code. This is boon for the website owners as they do not have to involve the web developer time and again for petty edits. The articles can be easily located and provides a great reading content to people who are avid readers and want to be updated with changes.
- Large websites can be managed with categorizing and tagging of the content. This facilitates easy navigation.
- Customization of the client needs can be done by Joomla extensions. These are available in thousands and can be created with the help of Joomla Extensions Directories.
- Joomla is responsive in nature which means that the websites can fit on any screen. In this era of mobiles, people access the Internet on the smart phones. Hence it is important for the website to look good on mobiles too. Bootstrap works great with Joomla in this regard.
- With the use of beautiful fonts the websites get an edge over the rest. This CMS has lively fonts as a feature which goes well with creativity.
- It supports Linux, Mac OS, Solaris and AIX.
Reviews by users are great and inspiring. Some find it cool and others say it is user friendly. With a range of features and easy installation, the CMS provides excellent advantages for web developers.
An overview of the services offered by the SoluTree Tech Labs company:
- Content digitization using popular CMS to create a content managed site.
- Web development solutions and designing features which adds an interesting angle to the sites to attract traffic.
- SEO friendly tools are made acquainted to the customers for the benefit of their respective organizations.
- Mobile applications development which is very popular medium of communication in the recent times. The company propagates the philosophy of moving with times.
- Digital marketing tools at its best.
The world has shrunk into a smaller place as communication has become the essence of humankind. Technology has touched our lives and connectivity has made life simpler in every way.
SoluTree is a company started by young IITians and clients can easily experience professionalism of highest standards in conjunction with technology.