Having a website has become a common feature in the business world. Every organisation be it small, medium or large scale has relied the importance of a website. Web designing has become a must but what about a website which has been designed with no return? Many may think that hoe can a website promise returns? This is the main point which several companies tend to overlook while getting their websites designed. A good looking website with interesting content is a waste in case it is not able to produce results in the desired direction?
What is the desired direction?
The desired motive of a website is the action that the develop or the website owner wants the visitor to take. Just visiting the site us not enough for them. There are several websites which are designed with the objective of conversion. Converting the visit into the action required by the website. An eCommerce website will be successful when a sale happens. To initiate a sale, the visitor has to take an action of sale mentioned in the website. This is called Call to Action or CTA.
Some commonly used CTA buttons on the websites are ad follows
- Download buttons
- Free trial or sign up buttons
- Add to cart buttons
These are the commonly seen CTA buttons but the developer is free to use their designing elements and text. The end result should be a conversion. The goal remains the same but the path to meet the end may differ.
Few elements which can enhance the website CTA and assist in getting the desired information can be summarised as follows :
- Get rid of the boring text CTA and update your website with some trendy stuff. It is outdated to use button like “enter” or “submit”. Become a little more creative and try words like “try”, “try” or “reserve”. These are action packed text and though these sound authoritative yet people find it full of credibility. This is what matters and will strike the result too.
Websites which promote events should try using CTA buttons like “book the event”. These few tweaks matter a lit and bring about a sea of difference in generating the best results. These are only examples but when given a real twist, the optimized action which is expected can be achieved.
- Use the app which provides the testing of the colours to be used in the CTA. Generally green and orange are widely used and even purple provides a contrasting effect. The testing is the best option which will make the best colour evident to be used as a CTA. Nowadays web developers are testing the colour schemes so that they can offer the best services to the clients.
- Go for the right choice of button size to be used. This will also matter in the presentation segment and make a complete website viable to bring the desired results.
- The word free strikes a superb chord with the audience. Anything which is free is worth a try for everything and on the process of trial, few leads get converted into sales. Finally the action is achieved.
- Be careful with the choice of the font as to is important that the text should be clear. The size also matters. It should not be too large as it looks obnoxious nor too small that it is not legible.
- Attach some incentive to the action button. Words like “sign today and get 50%discount” also ales a lot of difference and visitor get attracted with such text.
- Plan the hierarchy level of the buttons in a proper order. Thus means that at times some web pages have more than one call to action buttons on a single page. Be sure about the priority of the CTA and give it an edge over the other by using an attractive colour combination which is more striking than the rest.
- Limit the choice of CTA buttons offered so that the mist desired button is immediately pressed and the end is met skilfully. The Less is more formula works better in this case.
Thus a little creativity attached to the call to action buttons can make the conversions and increase the traffic to the website. Both the purposes are met and the result is achieved.